9.21.2008

Revelation

I've heard a lot about short row heels, but I didn't really know what that meant until I looked it up yesterday (it seemed a little obvious, but when it comes to knitting, I don't assume anything). I was interested in trying something new on my Monkey socks, and since I was still using dpns and knitting from the cuff down, I figured that I'd innovate with the heel. I used the marvelous Kaity's clear and helpful tutorial to learn how to give my sock a short row heel. Success (mostly, but the error was mine, not hers)! Then I wasn't sure what I should do to accommodate the ankle, but both Kaity and Joy were helpful and told me that I didn't need to add any more stitches. I'm going to go get started on the bottom of the sock now!



My sock looks so bulky, not at all like the pretty pictures I see on Ravelry, and I cannot wait to block them once they're finished. Can you believe I actually want to block anything, much less this enthusiastically?? I think I've only blocked two items in my life (I should change this).

No comments: