9.29.2008

Break

I took a break from knitting and got back to reading. I now miss my socks, but at least I feel like I've really been exercising a different portion of my brain. Last night I tried to start the OpArt blanket by Melissa Dominguez, and ended up feeling like a moron, because I was having trouble understanding the whole two circular needle method, especially because the pattern is rated "mellow" by Knitty. So I'll try again today or tomorrow, once I've gotten adequate sleep. I'm just sad because I even did a gauge swatch and am so ready to start this baby. If I don't get it the next time I try, I may just cheat and start it on double pointed needles, switching once it gets bigger. This will be my fourth baby blanket, and hopefully this one will actually be completed before the birth of the child it's intended for!

No comments: