1.02.2008

Convertible Mittens

I was a little burnt out after I finished The Boy's scarf, and to tell the truth, my fingers still get phantom cramps when I think about how much knitting I did at the end of December, but I now need some mittens, and I think it's time for me to attempt some. I hate mittens, though, because you have to whip them off every time you need to use your fingers, which just sucks. I like the idea of convertible mittens, and I found a pattern that I think I understand, so I'll be attempting those soon (soon being within the month of January). I actually started them last night, but I didn't have the right size needles, and I didn't feel like being an innovator, so I ripped them out. I am interested in training myself to knit without a pattern for things other than scarves, but I don't think that this is the right project with which to begin my liberation from the tyranny of patterns.

Update: I wrote this in January. It is now August of 2008, I don't even remember starting/stopping this pattern, and there is no more Boy. So a lot has changed. But I guess this explains why I saw the tag "knitting ennui" when I went to write a new post today!

No comments: